McGuires Irish Cottages
Property: McGuires Irish Cottages
Capacity: Sleeps up to 6
Price: View Rates & Availability
Steeped in nature, tradition and heritage, McGuire’s Cottages are welcoming holiday accommodation havens with their own story to tell.
Owned by Sinead and Pascal Gillard, the cottages have individual personalised names which add to their wonderful sense of character. McGuire’s Cottages, a complex of eight cottages was built by Sinead’s grandfather in the late seventies with each cottage being named after his eight grandchildren. At the time, McGuire’s was one of the first ever self-catering accommodation businesses set up in Ireland and it is now one of the most popular in Co. Leitrim -attracting visitors from Ireland, UK, Germany,France Switzerland, Belgium, Holland, United States and Australia who come to de-stress, fish and enjoy the relaxed pace of rural life here. French and German are spoken fluently at McGuire’s Cottages.
One cottage has been transformed into an on-site restaurant and a commercial production kitchen for Jinny’s Bakery, a multi award winning business.
These self catering cottages overlook the picturesque Acres Lake, approximately one km from the village of Drumshanbo in Leitrim, the North West of Ireland. There are seven cottages; four which sleep six people and three which sleep four people.
These detached, traditional style cottages all come with a historic half-door, open-hearth fire and flag-stone floor. In contrast to this taste of the past, each also has all the modern conveniences of present-day living.
Free access to outdoor heated pool
Open from June to September
Other facilities on site include a fisherman’s bait rooms and artisan bakery.
With our family residence adjacent to the cottages we are always ready to meet your daily needs.
Plan your trip to McGuires Cottages today! Character charm and contentment await….
Extras Include: Gas & Electricity which are metered and payable at the end of the stay.
Gas central heating and immersion heating
Bed linen and tea towels provided
Your family break at McGuire’s Cottages promises to be fun filled and action packed with a huge selection of exciting indoor and outdoor activities available in the area for families and groups of all ages.
• Swimming – heated outdoor swimming pool in Drumshanbo (June to September)
• Outdoor Adventure – Lough Allen Adventure offer hillwalking, kayaking, canoeing, windsurfing and archery. Also available are summer camps and survival skills training. Lough Key Activity Centreand Zipit Forest Adventures also located nearby.
• Mountain Biking
• Horse Riding at Moorlands Equestrian centre on the shores of Lough Allen
• Tennis – courts are just beside cottages (50mtrs) with publicly run playground
• Arigna Mining Experience provides a unique insight into what a coal mining life was like in the Arigna Valley
• The Marble Arch Caves – one of Europe’s finest show caves allows visitors to explore a fascinating, natural underworld of rivers, waterfalls, winding passages and lofty chambers.
• Glencar Waterfall
• Hill Walking-the rugged Leitrim landscape is perfect for walkers with route to cater for all abilities
• Parke’s Castle
• Organic Centre
• Clay Pigeon Shooting
• Carrick Cinema Cineplex
• King House
• Boyle Abbey
• Moon River
• Costello Chapel Dock Arts Centre
• Mulvey Centre-Bowling Kids Kingdom
• Dublin Airport. 96 miles (2 hours 7 mins)
• Knock Airport. 52 miles (1 hour 5 mins).
• Galway. 75 miles (1 hour 56 minutes)
• Belfast. 142.5 miles (2 hours 40 minutes)
• Rosslare Ferry Terminal. 192.5 miles (3 hours 30 minutes)