Boyle Golf Club
Formed in 1911, the Club moved to its present site in 1972. It is a neat 9-hole course, maintained in peak condition all the year around. We have many visitors who return regularly. The club is known for its hospitality. Food available at weekends and by arrangement. There is a cosy bar in the clubhouse. New members welcome.
Roscommon Golf Club
Roscommon golf course is a formidable 18-hole championship course. Its feature holes are the ninth and 13th, which are both water holes.
Athlone Golf Club
Athlone Golf Club was founded in 1892. It is a parkland course, surrounded by Lough Ree on three sides, sand-based greens and tees. It has four new water features and its feature holes are the 6th, 12th and 16th.This 18-hole course is par 71 for men, par 75 for ladies. Visitors are assured of a warm welcome and clubs, trolleys and buggies are available for hire.
Apart from the golf club’s own excellent catering facilities which are available all day there is a hotel and numerous B&Bs adjacent to the club as well as hotels and restaurants in nearby Athlone.
Ballaghaderreen Golf Course
A deceptively difficult 9-hole course with alternate tees for the ‘back nine’. Strategically placed trees provide the main challenge to an otherwise enjoyable round.
This parkland course, located three miles outside Ballaghaderreen. Par for the 18 holes is 70, course length 5,339m. SS for men is 67 and for ladies 68.
Strokestown Golf Club
This 9-hole parkland course is located beside Cloofinlough lake, which is just outside Strokestown in Co Roscommon. Facilities include buggy hire and a practice green. Tuition is also available.
Castlerea Golf Club
|Castlerea golf course is acknowledged as a fine example of a parkland 9-hole golf course. It comprises some 5,682yd and is built around a tributary of the River Suck. The water and mature broadleaf trees represent an interesting challenge for all golfers.|
Castlerea Golf Club was founded on 9 September 1905. The course was originally located on the Ballymoe road at Harristown. It moved to its present location at Clonalis in 1907. The land was initially leased from the O’Conor Don family. In 1985, the members purchased the freehold interest in the lands. The club house was replaced in 1990/91 when the current building was erected. The club continues to develop the course and grounds and purchased additional lands in 2007. This new development is in close proximity to the famous Clonalis House, the historic seat of the O’Conor Don family.